Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Finding Love In A Pair Of Shoes

There are no words to describe my style, because to be honest I am not quite sure what it is about certain things that strike my fancy. I tend to lean towards simple and unique utilitarian these days, whereas years ago I was very much into bright colors and bold patterns.

I rarely find things that I must have or I will faint, so when I do I let everyone know that if I buy it, it's because it was meant to be in my life. Plain and simple. And I can promise you that when I do purchase such items, I will wear them to the death. This is a perfect example. Last year I was minding my own business walking down the cute streets of Portsmouth, NH when I came across a pair of shoes in a shop window. I walked by three times over the course of an hour before I decided to go in and try them on. I actually posted a blog about it last April, which you can find here.. These shoes spoke to me ladies and gents, they said loud and clear "Your feet will never forgive you if you don't buy these." I know, sounds weird, but I only speak my version of the truth. I bought these shoes, and I wear them at least three times a week in the warmer season. Point made.

So that is also how I felt when I saw these Pauline Leather Oxfords from Austrian designer Rosa Mosa. I found them through one of my favorite designers in Portland, OR who also has a boutique called IDOM. Modi, the designer, sent out a newsletter introducing these beauties and I don't know what it was, but they immediately won me over. Man oh man these are just SO awesome. I know, simple right? You look at them and there is not much to them, but that's what I love.

I need to get me a pair of these. Pronto.

No comments: