Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Front Row Notes from Tibi & Willow Spring 2010


I have been a fan of Willow and Tibi for a while and walk away from these shows feeling very excited to incorporate more color into my wardrobe. Willow actually started out with some prints that had me cringing. I'm seeing a bit of late 90's this season, and that's fine, but I don't ever want to go back to the 90's, so you are on your own with that. But thankfully there were many more amazing looks to follow and Willow wiggled her way back into my heart. Coutorture has a great gallery of pics for this show, as my phone camera just didn't do the job. Willow presented some gorgeous beading on jackets and blouses that I just loved, with a very soft color palette and feminine draping. I was curious about some of the material used in several looks, dare I say it resembled picnic tablecloth texture? But that's not necessarily a bad thing in this case. It was kind of a papery, crinkled look which lent a hand to a futuristic style which works, if you can work it, and I believe you can all work it for Spring!

Aside from the loudest music I have ever experienced at a show, the Tibi presentation was beautiful and SO colorful! I sat next to Meredith Melling Burke from Vogue who, I have to be honest, looked a little bored and made me wonder, "Am I an idiot for thinking this line is beautiful? If Vogue is bored, shouldn't I be? "But no, I am sticking to my opinion, which is that I loved this line. Tibi, like many other designers this season, presented beautiful floral patterns with touches of beading, paired with slip like dresses and chic, barely there separates. And its great how Tibi incorporates signature patterns into their seasons, with an updated color and design. The dress here was one of my favorites along with an adorable and very chic sequined mini. Never would I think those words would come out of my mouth, but darlings, this skirt is fab! I always love when designers get standing ovations; long days and weeks and months of what ends up being under 15 minutes is worth it all for that long and very deserved applause, especially at Tibi.


No comments: