Wednesday, July 8, 2009

The Road is My Runway.

As many people know I am a runner and that I am training for the NYC Marathon on November 1st. For more information on why I am running, and who I am running for, click here.

I spend a lot of time out on the road running by people and cars. And because of that, I feel I need to look presentable, even when I am dying on mile 10. I don't like oversized t-shirts and cotton shorts, and even if I did, they would not be conducive to the type of training I am doing. It wouldn't be pretty; as I am learning there is chafing and also a serious amount of perspiration. Oh, and tears. This is hard people, its hard.

But, its a decision I have made, to run this marathon, and I have made it my mission to find chic and comfy running gear that actually inspires me to run. My obvious first stop was Adidas on Houston in NYC. I don't normally buy this brand, but I have to admit, they know their stuff when it comes to fit and style. And thankfully, I am not a fan of the Stella McCartney line, because $140 for a shirt I will sweat in seems obnoxious. I found a few things in the Running department as well as the Yoga. I fell in love with this Supernova Skort, it is SO comfy, the waistband isnt too tight and the material does not bunch up mid run. I guess i'm just a girly girl deep down, because I enjoy running in a skirt!

In the Yoga department, I found this Adilibria tank in fuchsia that I think is awesome. I wear a sports bra under it, but its super lightweight and I love the racer back and mesh detail. This line also comes with elastics on all of their tags, which is a little bonus.

Something I am known for, is leaving things behind when I travel, or just forgetting to pack very important things like a toothbrush, sports bra and socks. This happened recently when I traveled up to visit my boyfriend in New Hampshire and the only place nearby was K-Mart. I was a little hesitant, fearing that their sports bra department would consist of cotton and some sort of cheap spandex. I was pleasantly surprised by their options, and the Bestform bra I bought there is now my favorite, and fits better than my Nike one! And the fact that their products came in all under $15.99 is a bug plus. ( That's not me over there on the right...)

But I have to tell you the one of the weirdest things I came across was from New Balance. Recently they came out with the Bonita Running Dress. I cant really say much about this, because it just seems a bit odd to me. A skort, sure! But a dress? Wearing this dress while running would make me feel like I was late for an event and also, forgot to wear heals and instead put on sneakers. Sounds like a bad dream to me, so for now I will stick to separates.

1 comment:

Nicole Feliciano said...

Come on... a running dress!