You know that “25 Random Things” list on Facebook? ( And now a regular feature in Us Weekly) Well, this is a shorter version of that; a fun way for my readers to get to know more about Kick PR. So, here are “10 Random Things” about Kick PR.
1.We found Leanne Marshall before Project Runway did. One year before, to be exact.
2.While our offices have been at the same address for almost 4 years, we have moved spaces within the building six times.
3.The Kick PR logo, the little lady kicking her leg, came to me in a dream. I am not kidding.
4.We have a mascot, and his name is Elton. You can see him here, he is very fashionable.
5. In February 2009, I signed on a partner, Sharon Schoenberg, who has oodles of experience in PR, and works wonders with the media. Very exciting!
6. At the one year anniversary of Kick PR, my dad said " wow, I never thought Kick would make it!" At the two year, he said the same thing... now he's just getting used to the success.
7. Kick PR did the PR for Portland Fashion Week , Spring 2008. Pro bono. Why? Because it was good experience and it introduced me to Leanne Marshall, Modi Soondarotok of IDOM, and all of the amazing designers in Portland, Oregon. No regrets there. And I learned a thing or two about how to really be green.
8. One day I plan to bake holiday cookies with the Kick PR logo and send them to all the fashion editors in New York. I swear to God I will do this. Just cant give you andexact date.
9. When Kick PR first started, I pitched it as a segment for the Today Show. I thought it would be interesting to journal the experience of building a business when you have no idea what you are doing (guilty). Would have made for great TV; unfortunately they didn't see my vision.
10. In 2006 we had a designer who showed during NY Fashion Week. The space was in the boonies over on 10th Ave. We had a great idea to offer the Swarovski crystal jewerly from another Kick client that the models could wear during the show. There was about $15,000 worth of jewerly waiting to be donned, and some jerkoff stole the whole bag. Never to be found. Try telling that to a client. No good, but lesson learned. Lots of them.
So, thats just 10 items right off the bat, and there are so many more that I might write about in the months to come. Hope you enjoyed!