Saturday, September 11, 2010

Academy of Art University at NYFW

Once again I am impressed by the unique designs and detailed numbers that come down the runway at the Academy of Art University shows for Mercedes Benz New York Fashion Week. I’ve gone for the past few years and I always walk away impressed with these students and the clear vision for their collections.  Models come down the runway in sets of six and each grouping is completely different, which is so refreshing. Oh, latex! Fun, leather! Ooh, look at all of those prints! You get the gist.

6a00d83451b1d169e201348695d0da970c

I did indeed forget to bring my camera and my phone camera is a joke, so  I am going to hand it over to Chictopia for the photo coverage. One of my favorites was all the beading from student Maria Korovilas. She  hand beaded all of her pieces which took over 600 hours to complete. Think about that, 600 hours. Well worth it, the pieces were gorg.

Click here for Chictopia’s coverage.

No comments: