Saturday, February 28, 2009

San & Soni: Stylish Love

I love this collection for so many reasons. First, its a love story and who doesn't love a good love story? Behind San & Soni are Sonali and Jeet Singh. Sonali and Jeet are both from North India, but didn't meet until they moved to New York City and took the same classes at FIT. Jeet and Sonali are both extremely talented designers who each bring something different to the line. While Sonali is amazing with new design and sketching, Jeet manipulates fabric like you wouldnt believe.

Jeet and Sonali not only formed a design partnership, but they also fell in love and were married. San & Soni are actually the nicknames that were given to them back in India, and I think it's a fantastic name for a brand. I also think it's just so sweet. I have had the pleasure of getting to know them both, and they are so kind and humble and just want to design good clothes for women, and in my opinion that's what matters.

San & Soni were Kick PR clients, and like many emerging designers, they needed all of their money for sales and growth, and had to put PR on the backburner. It's sad and this is an all too common problem, but I know that this collection will grow leaps and bounds, because designers this talented end up making impressions on the right people.


From their Spring 2009 collection, everything is on my "must have" list. I especially love the puffy Lucian Pants and already have my name on a pair. I am only 5'4", but I don't care, I think these pants are hot, and worn with the right shirt and perhaps some slight heels, this outfit could be amazing.


Also on my list, is the Yin Yen Blouse. Very simple piece with the right size bow and shown here with the Cool Me Up Shorts. I suppose those are on my list too...
Their website is http://www.sanandsoni.com/. Click on Collections and browse their work, you won't be disappointed, I promise. If you dont believe me, ask Daily Candy.




No comments: